View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2019, 04:35 PM   #4
GAU-8
Socially inept. Yet FUN!

Name: C

Motorcycle(s): Current machines- 1992 SECA II 600, 2006 Ninja 250, 2008 Ninja 250

Thanks for the info. I'll be following up on that for the next two weeks.

I DO. have a correction though. On the needles, both have two washers ABOVE the E-clip. Not below as I stated.

Anyways... I do know the airbox is clean, dry. Airfilter is....surprisingly intact, clean and dry. Becaaaaause....

Unfortunately, had an event. The fuel diaphram (?) That prevents the tank from filling up the carbs without suction..didn't. Left side intake and valves, was FULL. Oil sight glass..FULL. Carbs FULL. Garage floor had a nice puddle, and eye burning gas fumes, when I walked into the garage this morning.

-----Here it is as sitting------

There will be NO riding. Whatso ever. ( "meh good enough, lets see how she runs" none of that. Especially with fuel tap in place.

- Gas tank has inline ball valve in fuel line.( tempory fix until rebuild/new unit) Tank is off the bike.

- Carbs fully drained and loosely "installed" on bike.

-Oil was immediately drained.. ( crankcase was FULL of gassy oil).. Currently have fresh pan under it for any additional seepage overnight. Bike is on rearstand to drain forward slightly.

- Pulled spark plugs ( wet of course)

- siphoned out intake valves( left side valves were open, right side intake valves were closed)

- Both cylinders syphoned out.

Anything I missed, or should check?

In the mean time, (probably tomorrow) I will re-dismanle carbs, Berryman carb dip them, blow everything out again ( and get numbers for ya) and benchseat the mixture screws/synch butterflies.

Sorry for typos/odd speech. I'm tired.

GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote