View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2011, 07:28 AM   #7
Moldbuster
ninjette.org member

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Limited Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by setasai View Post
Fantastic post and definitely a recommended read for new riders looking at what kind of gear to get.

One thing you never mentioned and I can understand why since the post is about maximum protection and what you can do to accomplish it is, the practicality of all that gear. I agree with the fact that it is necessary but it also comes with a level of hassle and I'd like to make an addendum that the best gear is gear you're SURE to wear everytime. If that means jeans then atleast make it the thickest jeans possible with as much kevlar lining as possible and preferably armored shorts and knee guards. Just an example. If that means a non-race boot but a touring boot then better than a short boot. There's just no such thing as ultimate gear for everybody.

In anycase, great post. Looking forward to what all the other veterans have to add to it.
Pracicality does play into things. Buy you need to balance the hassle of gear versus the hassle of injury. When you do, gear wins every time. Instead oj jeans, get an oversuit. They take minutes to put on and take off. Usually the ones who choose gear to the highly practical side are the ones who have never had a serious pavement sample. Your mind changes quickly after that happens. Motorcycles are not practical vehicles!