View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2015, 07:34 PM   #30
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

I alternately use Sony SBH52 clip-on Bluetooth handset and A2DP receiver and Parrot SK4000 helmet kit. The Sony earbuds are every bit as annoying as fully corded ones but the handset function keeps me from taking my phablet out all the time (CallerID, track information, text messages, and playback controls with an OLED screen). It also works like a tiny BT speaker. It's really made for Android phones (included with the 7" Xperia Z Ultra) so it doesn't work well for, say, an iPhone (no way to activate Siri/voice control, NFC doesn't work, speaker is worse than iPhone 6 Plus but using it as a remote will steal the audio any time you Pause/Play).

The Parrot's wireless handlebar remote sounds nice but seems to be useless on our bikes. I think something in the electrical system interferes and the range is reduced such that it might as well be on your helmet with the receiver puck. At least then you wouldn't have to lean inches away from your handlebar and take your eyes off the road! I could never get it loud enough for Interstate riding or use with earplugs even though many other people say that it is more than loud enough. I am a little hard of hearing though.

LG Tone seems like the best option to me. I bought the Sony SBH52 specifically as an alternative to LG Tone since I thought the CallerID function and remote would be very useful (especially with gloved hands) after my Sony Ericsson MBW-150 Music Edition smartwatch finally died but now I have a Pebble Steel for that.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote