View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2016, 11:59 PM   #8
Abu_Mishary
The Asian Caucasian

Name: Abu Mishary Mohd Fairus

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250 SE 2015 (sold); Honda ADV160 (current)

MOTM - Jan '17
I cannot claim on the house since it is a government living quarters. The ground floor portion is a rural / suburban clinic as my wife is a nurse.

I have called up my insurance and inquired on the details. The problem was, they would not fully insure the bike. The most coverage would be 80%. As I was on my way to get a copy of the police report, I phoned the inspector (in US i believe the rank is detective), and he informed that both the driver and co-driver of the lorry was positive on their urine test.

Later I phoned up the supervisor of the company of which the vehicle is registered to (I got the information from an acquaintance of mine from the land transport authority office) and ask for a compensation.

At first he declined (as usual). However he halted and offered to see me (when i told him that i know where his office address is and would meet up his Managing Director, and also I have the knowledge that both drivers were positive in their narcotics tests). The meeting is to be scheduled on this Wednesday, 1 June 2016.

I would not go after the non-quantitative damages (as for disruption of daily routine, psychological etc.. etc..) I would only claim for quantitative damages, that would be proven with an official receipt of Kawasaki Malaysia. I would then sign a letter of indemnity relieving his company from any further claims.

If he declines, than i would file for a hearing.

As for the accident, he has to pay compensation to other parties :

1) Ministry of Health (as the house is a living quarters for their nurses)
2) Municipal council authority (the lorry also hit a bus-stop)
3) Telecommunication Ministry (again, the lorry hit another government facilities).

Please pray for me and hopefully the company will settle all of this outside legal proceedings.

Last futzed with by Abu_Mishary; May 27th, 2016 at 12:08 AM. Reason: grammatical corrections
Abu_Mishary is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.