adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifthwheelman View Post
Still trying to find the twisty roads near me not sure they exist here. Backroads are great though but sometimes you “need” to get somewhere not with a sense of hurry just an understanding that dilly dallying isn’t supported by the schedule. As for routine breaks, yep too hard for a cig the wind smokes it for me if I don’t stop lol
There are these really cool things called "maps." Rarely seen these days and essentially unknown to younger people, they are large sheets of paper that fold up into a nice handy size. They show all the roads at a glance. Best of all, they don't need to be recharged and don't require a network connection or GPS.

Get one and look for squiggly lines. It's as simple as that.

This is how I planned my last epic bike journey 10 years ago. I rode from Connecticut out to Indianapolis for the MotoGP race in a more or less straight shot, but I had a good 10 days to get back. I went to AAA and got all the maps of the eastern US north of North Carolina and east of the Mississippi. I unfolded them and looked for squiggly lines. Most were in West Virginia so that's where i went.

Totally worth it. Total distance covered about 2,600 miles on an 08 Ninja 250. With a bum leg that required walking on a cane, no less.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.