View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2019, 06:19 AM   #9
Idealhobbies
ninjette.org member

Name: Allan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250, 2003 Yamaha Vstar 650

Thank you everyone for the welcomes. It's been 2 months...wow....since my purchase. It's been a great ride with her. I had to do a few things to her. She's had an oil change, since Gods knows when it was done last, the chain was cleaned and lubed, air filter inspected, cleaned, and lubed. Had some shaking in the front, so it went to a mechanic and was inspected. While the tires looked great visually, mechanic said that they were likely the original tires and that the compound had likely hardened. So they were replaced. Issue resolved. Other than those, he looked her over, tightened this and that and said go ride. I added a RAM mount to hold phone or GPS for map purposes. I pretty much stick to back roads. We have a lot of tourists right now, and they drive like they stole their cars and they own the road....so I avoid the highways. I like to pleasure ride, so I just turn on random back roads...thus the GPS to get me back home. Only thing that I have left that I want to do to it immediately, is drain the coolant and replace. Delaware is an Ethanol state, but Maryland has a few gas stations with Non-ethanol, so my son and I load up 4 gas cans on occasion and take a road trip, so she only gets Non Ethanol in her. Again, my thanks goes out to everyone who shares information on this site. It has been VERY helpful. Going to try to post some pics...

Idealhobbies is offline   Reply With Quote