View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2017, 03:56 PM   #21
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
@subxero that looks awesome. I would love to have a few obstacles like that in my yard. alas, I live in the city...

after the hammer run I did the washington area trail riders fall trail ride in eagle bay, virginia on my drz 125. we ended up doing the "expert" loop twice and a few loops of the beginner trail so about 35 miles total. the trails were more hilly, tight single track with lots and lots of slanted roots across them. it was a good challenge but I was too tired and worn out at the end. I need to figure out how to eat for these things so I have enough energy. the small bike is also starting to really feel like a problem. I'm not that tall (5'5) but the small wheels and low handlebars mean I can't really stand up and everything feels incredibly jarring. I've really got my eye on that X trainer.

I'm graduating college in a week and there's been a life change or two. riding will be a huge priority as I look for jobs and try to get my head sorted out. if you do ever find yourself in this area, I'd welcome a chance to get some in-person tips!

I am thinking about looking for something like a used KTM 300 EXC if I can't swing the beta by april... 2018 I really want to do more AMA dualsport and hare scramble rides. I'm not sure if I will be able to do the hare scramble in Maryland :/
Finesse is offline   Reply With Quote