View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #1
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Name: Fox

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

Thinking of Upsizing... Input on naked bikes?

After some interesting experiences on the highway on the 250r, I've decided it's time to think about upsizing.

I'm patiently waiting for info from Honda on their potential naked 500cc sport bike, but until then, the only other bikes catching my eye are the 2012 ER-6n (not in the states), and a monster 696.

I like the naked look. I want the sport riding position, but don't like fully faired bikes. Leaning towards 600ish size. Just want some more highway power for the idiots around here. And to have a bike that's about as fast as my car would be nice.

I assume I could look into buying a new 650r and try to import the headlight and small fairings of the ER-6n, but to be honest, I've looked around and I'm just not sure where I'd be able to find good parts, with RHD headlights. Any suggestions? Maybe the dealer? A shipping friendly oversees dealer?

I've found one local 2010 ER-6n used for cheap, but I just don't like the look as much as the 2012, and I believe I read some things about the 2012 650r being drastically better than the 2011 650r?

anyone have another bike suggestions?
dfox is offline   Reply With Quote