Thread: Clip ons
View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #15
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Overheating is not what I'm worried about. Pretty sure the bike will shut itself off if it overheats [citation needed]. I'm more worried about making sure it's up to temp before I wail on it. We get temps all the way from 20-95 and I want to make sure it's warmed up.

Funny part is, I would be perfectly fine without a tach. Just give me a light that turns on once it hits 12,500 rpm and I'll do the rest. That's the one I never look at.
Oh, didn't think about that. I just take it easy after I first start the bike. My car doesn't even have a real temp gauge. It just has a light that goes off once it's up to temp. The KLX just has a light to let you know it is overheated. Haha. The way I know the KLX is up to temp is when it starts running smoothly without the choke. Same goes for the ninja too. I can just feel when the bike is up to temp, if that makes any sense.

And I guess I should have stated why I want a tach. It's so I know when I am close to redline. I can usually feel/hear when the bike stops making power, but once you go 60 or so you can hardly hear the engine. So, I too would be just fine with a shift light.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote