View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2022, 11:15 PM   #13
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

OK that was alot of screwdriver and small hammer work I don't have one of those special wrenches but there would be no room for one of them anyway.
I lowered it all the way leaving about 1/4" of threads above the lock nut is all
I can now officially sit on the bike and put my feet flat on the floor....
.... but now comes lowering the front forks which doesn't look like it's going to be easy as it's all covered with plastic crap to make it look pretty ! ...I tried to see if the headlight beams could be lowered.... from what I saw they can't be
their bolted directly to a bracket maybe that bracket has a slot in it but I seriously doubt it...so I just left it alone.
i just bought some handlebar risers
(they will be here next tuesday or so )that will allow me to move the handlebars back away from the fork tubes that way I can slide the fork tubes up in the triple trees and in effect lower the front by 2" that will help immensely as far as head light aim and touching the ground goes.
I expect that after I lower the front I will have to shorten the side stand as it' getting close to vertical now.
then it will be just putting on the miles !
I'm going to try and take it for a spin tomorrow but we'll see
depends on if I stay awake all night again ! LOL
Bob.....