Old January 19th, 2013, 05:49 AM   #44
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubarney View Post
I would have to second that. When you bleed brakes conventionally air gets sucked in the threads of the nipple. Theres no way to stop this without pulling the stock nipple out and putting some sealant on the threads. Who knows what you would use because brake fluid will eat anything. Even if you use a mighty vac, air is still going to go in those threads. The pull in my rear brake has halved from factory to now. If you want ill even post a video showing you that there is no way your brakes are crisper then mine.
If your sucking air back into the system around the threads when you try and bleed the brakes then your simply doing it wrong. If done right then the threads are tight anytime the system is at a negitive pressure so there is no chance for air to get by. It's not hard once you understand the physics behind it but like I said if you can't get the method down right then speed bleeders make it impossible to screw up

Sorry I never touch my rear brake so I don't rely know what it feels like plus motorcycle rear brakes are so overpowered to begin with its not really critical to get that perfect feel for any other reason then your anal about performance and simply want it to perform to its potential
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote