View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2019, 05:57 PM   #3
jcarbelbide
ninjette.org member

Name: JC

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250, 2011 DR650

Thanks for your reply. I bought the bike a little over a year ago. It had around 200 miles when I bought it (not a typo). The bike sat forever, and the previous owner bought it at an auction, cleaned it up, and sold it to me. He seemed to know what he was doing, as he had like 15 bikes in his garage he was working on, and did that as a side hustle. I don't know what he did to it, besides cleaning the carbs. I then let it sit for a month and when I tried to start it again, it was having the idling issue. I have no idea if he adjusted the valves. It has about 1000 miles now. I didn't ride it daily. It was about once a week, but now it never gets ridden since it doesn't start and has been having issues. No crashes or damage as far as I can tell.

Actually now that you mention it, I did fall over on it doing a u-turn when I was first learning. Maybe like a 5mph crash. Bike flew out from under me and broke a blinker. After that I recall that the next time I used it, I started noticing it acting a little weird, but nothing like it is now. I can't recall how weird it was acting. Can a small crash like that cause issues like the ones I described?

I've been reading about ducatiman actually, and I'm really impressed with what he does. I wish I found this forum before I started trying to fix all of this myself. Would have saved a lot of time and money. My first priority now is just to get the bike to start again. I have no idea what I did to make it not be able to start.
jcarbelbide is offline   Reply With Quote