Thread: Race Tires 2017
View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2018, 09:36 AM   #108
tgold
ninjette.org sage

Name: Timm

Motorcycle(s): 2006 1050 Speed Triple, 2010 250 Ninja racebike, YZF320RR? Racebike

MOTM - Nov '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
Interesting, considering new World SuperSport 300 (ish) and Junior Cup classes, though I think some of those require spec tires.
Yes they do: Pirelli Supercorsas. Still the best tire that I've used personally. Haven't tried the Q3+ or the R11.

I used some older but new Dunlop slicks and they worked pretty well when I used them at a trackday and when I pushed them hard they rear would slide predictably. However when I used them a few weekends later I didn't like the feel. I think that was due to not getting the pressure and temperature right but I didn't have time to screw around on a race weekend so I went back to a set of Alpha 13's and instantly got a familiar feel which helped us to our first endurance win of the season. The Dunlop slides earlier than I'd like, but even with the front sliding in a pretty aggresive move it was predictable and easy to catch. On track note to self: " Ok, the 'Lop is telling me not to do that again!"
tgold is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.