Old April 25th, 2017, 05:02 AM   #181
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFish View Post
So how do you like the new Artillery play?

I used to play Artry a lot, then they made it no fun, now it's swung back the other way. Wish I had kept all those SPG's and crews I used to have.
I think arty plays are more important now, with larger blast radius and faster reload, I find myself doing more "stun" and disabled tracks damage to enemy tanks that allow assisted damage. Sometime the blast radius can extend beyond solid walls or corners to damage enemy.

Still think the profits and XP can be raised for arty play, but that's just WarGaming manipulating for less arty play in random battles.

I think it's a shame that WarGaming has to change so much of the game dynamics just to compensate players who get angry at receiving "1-shot'ed by artillery". It is a satisfying experience when you produce a "1-shot" to enemy team.

Seems to me, arty play depends less computer/connection performance, allow safer, more insulated battle experience since artys are usually distance away from head-to-head action and yet still produce those "epic win" moments when they do connect their shots... somewhat of an "instant gratification" important to video games.

Nonetheless, arty roles are important and critical to battle success in game when coordinated properly, they can be devastating.
Unfortunately, most players don't have the patience while playing video games to really learn the game mechanics/dynamics to really utilize the coordination among players in random battles.
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote