View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2019, 06:29 AM   #22
MrMcTavish
ninjette.org member

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 1992 ninja 250

So I “accidentally” ordered a decent condition upper fairing to cut up one night. I saw the eBay list price of $49.99 and somehow missed the fact that shipping was $100. So with that on the way I got adventurous and decided to cut up the front shrouds. It didn’t bother me when I first finished the bike, because I was just so excited to finally have something to ride, but looking at it for a while, the shrouds seemed to not fit the lines of the bike. So I kinda half hazardously started cutting and what do you know, I actually liked the result. Now, this is temporary. It is currently very crude and unsymmetrical on both side, but I love the way it looks. It’s more aggressive and sleeker looking. I will be remaking the steel rod shrouds and my friend insisted that we make the actual sheet metal shroud at his place with his nice planishing hammer and bead roller.
1AE2674F-D00E-4BF6-B81D-5318367ED150.jpg
83A8C1A1-A3BA-41AA-8C40-5D96FB38A79D.jpg
2A1735BB-8FD2-4A27-A955-DB91517D68EB.jpg
I will be taking the ninja to a go cart track day at road America on Wednesday this week, and after that it will be getting the yoshi exhaust on and possibly, maybe, kinda I’m thinking pods. I have only ever unsuccessfully jetted things in the past but I have more knowledge and more patience that I’m older and thought I would give it a chance. All the very useful info on this site has given me the confidence to think it can do it. If after a few weeks of tuning and I am still not able to get it to run right, I will be returning to the oem air box.
MrMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote