View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2010, 03:46 PM   #4
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
You were wearing most of your gear, not your riding pants. I hope you have learned your lesson.

I always wear all my gear when I'm going to crash.

Knee looks juicy.

Make sure you keep it clean.
It must be nice being able to see the future.

Anyway, I had worse injuries from bicycle accidents almost weekly when I was a kid (I REALLY pushed things!) and I really only have a scar on my chin (stiches... WOOO!), a small scar under my left wrist (looks like a "down the street" suicide attempt except it's only about an inch) and a huge but only barely visible circular scar on my right wrist (hair still grows there) to show for all of it. I never even broke a bone. My baby sitter said that my twin brother and I looked like the most abused and bloodied children she had ever seen... and she took care of foster kids (saw a lot of abuse). That said, the same b***h broke my nose when I was 7 (she still believed in physical punishment).

So, yeah, I wear my riding pants for longer distances but I am usually in my uniform commuting to/from work with gloves, boots, helmet, and jacket 90% of the time. If I'm hitting the freeway or going someplace over ~50MPH, I'll probably grab the riding pants.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote