View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #18
Lychee
sail away

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): gixxer (sold), ninjette (upgrade!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old3 View Post
I disagree, the stock damper holes are a poor form of damping and they offered nearly zero on slow speed compression. Now it hits the valve and is correctly damped. I don't think I rode a single mile without bottoming the forks stock, and nearly every time I stopped hard they were blown thru.

If I require more flow to the valves, I can drill any combo of holes I want.

In high speed damping, I believe they were packing, or basically locking up as they couldn't flow enough as they moved so much on every strike. Now they stay up higher and I haven't had them stutter yet, but again, the road temps are only up to 50f at best right now so I'm not slamming the corners where I had this issue quite as hard.

Jim,
Politely and with respect- The difference in damping quality at different speeds serves to support the original suggestion that you have paid $170 dollars for an effect you could have achieved with $5 of higher viscosity fork oil or a smaller air gap. The whole point of the valve emulator is to allow optimal flow at BOTH slow and fast speeds. How much damping is the job of oil viscosity.
Lychee is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.