View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2013, 03:30 PM   #19
old3
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300, KTM EXC610SMR

Perhaps, but I also still have the option of different weight oil, height of the oil, the adjustments on the emulator including screw settings and spring rate, along with the multiple combinations of opened out oil holes. Maybe a different oil weight would have given me the same result, but I really doubt it. Dumbing down the damper roads with thicker oils will not give the same flow control as the emulator, especially on high speed compressions.

I did 150 miles of nasty, broken NY state pavement today, I can't find a fault with them, besides that I'd like another 6" of travel. As delivered, the stock forks would be bounding all over the place, and the same repetitive hammering I rode today would have the front tire chattering and skimming to the outside of every turn.

FWIW, I'm a 34 years riding, 47 year old "A" level off road racer. I get all my suspension tuning in my off road bikes before I even ride them at this point. Maybe for street riding I'm not as particular as a road race guy on a particular track, but I've been on these same roads for decades and the stock 300 was the worst forks I've ever used for them.

Dropping in these parts has made them better than tolerable. For a street bike, it ain't even bad now. It is as balanced as I can imagine with my GSXR rear shock.
old3 is offline   Reply With Quote