View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2019, 12:41 AM   #3
Theorist
ninjette.org member

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2005 250

Thank you.

The SR740, SR741 are original equipment tires on the Hyosung GT250 and widely derided by the GT250 riders, so I had hoped our OEM Dunlops might be a bit better, at a worse price. Then again I've seen repeatedly that original equipment car tires are reviewed much more poorly than tires that manufacturers don't choose to equip new cars with, even when those original equipment tires test well. I guess that we know our own individual preferences best. That and we feel more comfortable criticizing tires chosen by the manufacturers' engineers and accountants and less comfortable criticizing tires we choose as harshly. It's good to hear the SR740/SR741 aren't too bad for the price given our more limited options.

The richer tire options was the only thing (and how the bike's frame fit my 6 foot frame) I miss about the GT250 that I left in Seattle. Don't judge me too harshly; it was free. Rather the price was taking it away on a trailer, a pretty fair price for a Hyosung. I got it running but could never get it to run as well as our Ninjas. I was tempted when I saw the write up on the 17" wheel conversation, but then I looked at the alternative of making do with the limited 16"options now and planning to pick up a very affordable used 300ABS or even a less aggressively discounted 400ABS or z400.

Does anyone have experience with any of Continental's newer tires, especially the TKV 11/12 or ContiGo?
Theorist is offline   Reply With Quote