View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2019, 06:12 AM   #22
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfemery View Post
So, uhh, they joy was short lived... I started the bike up today and gas started pouring out of the overflow line from the carbs. Then, the idle got worse and worse. I revved it a little bit and the fuel stopped leaking out. Then i shuit off for a few seconds and then could not get it to restart.

Last time the gas was pouring out of the airbox and into the engine. now it’s pouring out of the overflow line. Better? i suppose? but could it still be an issue with the floats? i really hope not because i left all my tools at my other house when i rode it here... and i kinda expected it all to be over with.
That's telling you the float valves are not seating. Most likely a piece of something stuck between the needle and seat, holding it open.

Check the tank and petcock screens, and make sure there is the small inline filter at the carb inlet. Drain the floatbowls and look at what comes out.

Did you check the float height when you had things apart? Were the float valves replaced?
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote