View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2017, 01:03 PM   #1
Demonik
V-Twin Addict

Name: Robert "Doc"

Motorcycle(s): '99 Buell X1, '09 Buell 1125CR,'10 Kaw EX250 (down to one), '13 MV Agusta F3

Who all is interested in a "Rain Riding Video Thread" from me?

I ride in the Seattle area... been riding all my life dirt and street, and endorsed on the street since early 90's. Take a MSF refresh almost every year, even a few track classes. I've done several bad weather courses, ridden more than my share of x-country miles in the Marines and although I am NOT a jerk-know-it-all, I do a lot of motovlogging and am WAY more than happy to show you guys that there is nothing to be afraid of in the rain, sleet or even some light snow, EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SPORT BIKE.

I can use one of my Ninja 250's, a Buell, a MV Agusta F3 (it has TC and ABS, so kinda cheating), pretty much whatever you want to see. I can go through how to prepare yourself and your bike for the day, how to ride the knees vs. grips, where to concentrate your placement in lanes, how to increase your visibility to other operators, road hazards, following distance and car considerations, and balance braking effort or traction.

Let me know if there is any interest. We ride in the PNW year round. The winters here are like 40-degrees and if it ever did snow, the little 1/4" drop melts in an hour. It takes a lot of time to produce one of these videos, but I'd be more than happy to do it if there is a need.

"I wrecked a moped once trying to pick up bitches in front of a party doing a stoppie" 14/10 would do again.
Demonik is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.