View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2022, 04:59 PM   #1184
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
In real-world turns, try connect-the-dots of markers: braking start, braking stop, turn-in point, apex, track-out point, straight-away. You look at each spot specifically and change your focus to next spot ahead of time.

For example... turn-11 at Laguna Seca:

- come out of turn-10 on left edge of track, left butt-cheek on seat
- diagonal to right side of track
- scoot butt left and hang left cheek off seat
- look for braking markers, start, end
- brake at 200m mark
- look for turn-in point and apex
- turn in at 100m mark
- look for apex and track-out
- let off brake halfway to apex
- look for track-out point
- add throttle
- hit apex
- look at imaginary path down straight
- full-throttle
- track-out
- scoot back centre of seat and tuck
- look for apex T1
- etc, etc

When there's rapid corners in succession, I don't get into centred position. I go fully from right-cornering to full left-cornering position, even before braking. On long straights, yes, I'll get into tuck... For tight tracks, I spend less time in centre of bike.
This is a good breakdown! I'd add a few specifications for a few of the instructions to add more detail but otherwise, a good list! I guess because this is a conversation about how to hang off and transition from side to side I'd want to know more about HOW to scoot your butt across the seat. Do you stand up on the pegs to move over, do you slide across, do you use your outside leg to do anything or pull yourself across with the bars?

HOW would you describe moving across the bike in a bit more detail. Do you squeeze the tank under braking? I also love that you mention in quick transitions that you don't stop in the centre of the seat- that's important....as is the timing of WHEN you move across the bike
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.