View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2018, 12:38 AM   #8
BernawanFR
ninjette.org member

Name: Bernawan

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250R 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
If you are going for the race look, then lose the rim tape unless its reflective "for safety." Nothing says street bike more than rim tape. Another mod that is actually helpful that will assist with the race look is a steel front brake line.

Unless you need it, losing the passenger equipment will also add much to the race look.

That tank cover looks huge! An endurance bike will have an oversized tank, a sprint bike has a stock sized tank and is normally only filled with enough fuel to complete the sprint laps.

Another cheap mod to do next time you change tires is 90-degree valve stems. These are a godsend in the paddock when working with your air pressures.

And don't forget the zip tie on one of the fork legs.

And NOTHING.... and I repeat NOTHING completes the race look like the lack of chicken strips.

Seriously though, the RIDER is part of the race look as well. So gear up like a racer! Trust me, you will be glad you're wearing it if you ever need it.

Good luck with everything, I like what you got going on so far and will check out any further pics you post. It looks like my bike back in 2014.... good times, good times.
Thank you for the heads up and assistance my rim tape is totally non reflective and now i'm thinking about taking it off

my tires are out of chicken strips so i think I'm good to go, here we make our own DIY Curcuit on abandoned parking lot to scrap our sliding pads

riding gear is always my top priority, ATGATT even if it's just chill ride with some mates on the weekend

well i've never been to other countries to do or even watch track day (youtube is my window) so i'm totally not familiar with track bikes and rules in detail, my intention is that to make the bike to look a little bit more "racey" than the stock one, sorry for the misleading thread title
BernawanFR is offline   Reply With Quote