Old July 4th, 2020, 11:09 AM   #2
Emu
ninjette.org member

Name: Emu

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthury View Post
Hey folks,

I'm intending the install the Black Path Racing sliders onto my 2008 250R. Instructions says to support the engine block when removing engine mounts.

Question: Where do I support the engine at the bottom? The oil filter area or somewhere else? I'm assuming I can use a car pneumatic jack to do the job?
I've seen a bunch of videos where people just slide the new mounting bolt in from the opposite side. The factory bolts slide in from the left side of bike with a nut on the right, you can slide the new bolt in from the right side of the bike and put the nut on the left. You do this by literally pushing the factory bolt out with the new one so the motor is always supported.

Also, there are 3 mounting bolts in total, 2 on top and one on the bottom. I assume you are only removing the one closest to the air box on top, if you put a piece of wood down or something thick and soft you can just use a car jack to lift and take the pressure off the bolt.

Hell you could even say yolo and just take the mounting bolts out one at a time, a buddy of mine did that and it worked out fine for him.

Do what you feel comfortable doing with the tools you have.
Emu is offline   Reply With Quote