View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2010, 08:05 AM   #24
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavison View Post
I would prefer "1,000,000 people that know where to stuff obamacare, right down the BP oil spill."
I guess you didn't know that the health care reform that passed is only about 30% of what Obama wanted and had planned. The other bogus 70% is thanks all in part to congress who changed it so much that even Obama isn't all that happy about the new plan.

Too many people are quick to blame the one face when it's really the 100 faces of the senate that are 90% at fault for what's wrong with this country. When you have senators that have been in the same seat for over 50yrs and are so corrupt they have no more honesty left in them it's painfully obvious who is screwing this country up (pssst it's not the president). They even used back door politics to approve the $700billion bailout even after the people voted no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabogon View Post
They are actually paying a lot of money out of pocket. On top of the spill control itself, they are paying the people that are temporarily laid off, the fishermen that can't work due to the spill, and from what I have heard (might be more rumor than truth though, FOX News isn't the best news source) they are getting fined by the government for environmental reasons and will be "donating" a whole lot of money to OSHA.

Sadly though, they will probably still raise gas prices and quote the same old supply and demand reasons.
There has also been movement from the EPA in which they are looking at disbarment on BP which would cause them to lose EVERYTHING in the US. I've been doing a good amount of reading on them and it's just sickening how much congress has been protecting them over the years. BP Alaska has had 3 disbarment's on them from the EPA already. They have over 760 safety violations (Exxon only has one fyi) with very little credibility in changing.

The EPA is looking at a total disbarment of BP which would prevent them from any future contracts and leases in the US and even cancel the current ones. This would cost BP the loss of some 22,000 wells in the US and billions in revenue. The military would also have to find a new fuel supplier since apparently BP is the biggest supplier of fuel to them.

I think we should all support the EPA in kicking BP out the US for their lack of concern for safety and OUR environment. I think we should also send Palin packing with them, but that's just because I think the witch should be burned at the stake. How can you like someone that approves aerial hunting of wolves, sued the government for putting polar bears under protection because it interfered with oil drilling, fought for approval of more mountain top removal coal mining and oil drilling both in and offshore of the Alaskan wildlife reserves, made it city policy as mayor for rape victims to have to pay for their own rape kits, and other things I'm sure I'm forgetting?
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote