Old January 14th, 2015, 01:28 PM   #516
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerboy531 View Post
I can't decide if I should fantasize about an RC390 race bike or an R3 racebike.

I'm leaning towards the KTM as the chassis is a bit more race oriented and it has lower weight/more powa.
The KTM is hands-down the most pretty, but it sounds so horrible. I don't think I could enjoy owning a bike that sounded like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Compared to how much the suspension sucks on the ninjette and how much improvement can be attained for a small amount of money from suspension tweaks, will most people even care about the chassis differences? likely not.
What kind of suspension tweaks are you talking about? Do you mean pre-load adjustment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
ABS is not a great idea on racing bikes in this class, because riders may depend on it and find themselves on the ground in a corner. Unless KTM upgrades to cornering ABS, they are better off without it _for the track_.
However, for the road, I was keen on the R3 from the European intro, but on North American bikes, they will not sell with ABS.
I think in 2015 it is really irresponsible to sell a bike like this without ABS as an option, and frankly Yamaha is in a huge position of liability by being the only manufacturer to sell a 300-400cc sport bike without ABS.
Cornering ABS? Is that a thing?!