View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2015, 09:00 AM   #527
DmbShn41
Wannabe Reborn

Name: Unregistered

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2008 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydecali View Post
Hey all, I'm new to the site and overall a new rider. Purchased a used 250 eight months ago and now needs new tires. From reading the whole thread, these DRII seems like a great choice for me. However I was wondering since DRII have been out for a few short years, are there any newer brand/model tires out that that perform just as well but with higher millage?

A little bit about me: I commute everyday to work, 37 miles round trip with a about half highways that has some twists and curves to them. I'm just now getting into riding twisty roads around the area about once a month, riding around Alice's in Redwood City, CA and riding to Stinson Beach.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
Michelin Pilot Street Radials. Can get them in a 140 for the rear, and a 110 or 120(?) for the front. There are some members on here (@nevadawolf) that have put some serious miles on them, with great tread still showing. They have good wet traction also, and seem to cover the range of cruising to mild twisty riding. I have a 140 on the rear, about 1500 miles on it, looks as new as the day I bought it. Similar riding habits to yours.