Thread: Worth $2k?
View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2017, 09:17 PM   #7
JustRidin
ninjette.org member

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2007 R6, 2015 KTM 250XC - Past: 2011 KTM 150XC, 2009 Ninja 250r, 2012 Ninja 650, 2007 CRF250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
There are a lot of little things wrong in the photos, so you might be able to get him down a few hundred. Whatever you end up paying, count on buying a new chain and possibly sprockets.
I don't think I'd take it for any more than $1,700 assuming nothing else is wrong besides the obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
It may have other issues that aren't obvious as well.

A good point. The fact it was impounded and wasn't claimed doesn't speak to well for the previous owner. I suppose I've just been eager to get a track bike and/or a commuter that I didn't have to care about depreciation with. Half the time I ride my current bike all I'm thinking is, "Oh no, every mile is another dollar less that I can resell it for".

Motorcycling isn't a cheap hobby though, so maybe I should just accept that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBO View Post
\I just wouldn't buy it for the color, it would have the be green or white lol I have a black 250 already.
The color doesn't do it for me either, though I don't have a 250 or 300 currently. I've been riding larger bikes for a few years now after giving up my first bike, an 09 new gen (oh regret!).

That being said I have a 600 SS for my "shiny and pretty" bike, this one would be hopefully something I'm not afraid to drop on the track.