Old January 28th, 2019, 08:07 AM   #4
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Hi, Jeremy, and welcome.

You might not like what rearsets do given your size. Yes they move the pegs back, but they also move them up.... which is the whole point. Rearsets exist to get your feet farther up so you can get greater lean angles at the track. Even with adjustables set as low as they go, the pegs will likely be a fair bit higher than stock.

The big impact ergonomically is that your knee will be folded tighter than it is now.

For a good read on what rearsets feel like without buying some first, visit your local dealer, hop on a 600cc supersport and get your feet on the pegs. The tank on such a bike will be higher and wider but you'll get an idea of how much your legs are folded up. (600cc because the bike will be physically smaller than a 1000).

I'm a little guy (5'6"-5'7") and my track bike is an R6. The seat height on this bike is quite high but the actual rider triangle dimensions are rather compact. So that's a candidate for this.

Re the kickstand... extend it. The bike doesn't need to be leaning hard on the kickstand. Or better yet, ebay a stock stand and sell the adjustable one along with the lowering kit.

Re the signals... I echo what has been said. Aftermarket LED indicators generally suck. Ebay some stock units and pick up an appropriate tail tidy to go with 'em.

PS did the previous owner also lower the front in some way? (e.g. riser blocks or *shudder* cutting the springs)?

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote