Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by az3200 View Post
............Maybe there was some water in the bowls and by me draining them, then filling them it emptied/diluted the water to the point that it wouldn't effect the way the engine runs? is that possible?

Will try the plastic over the tank in the future.

Thanks for the help and the replies
Water doesn't mix with gasoline and being heavier, will always accumulate at the bottom of the tank or bowls.
A little amount will mix with the alcohol contained in the gas we use, becoming a milky mix.

When I drain my bowls and tank, which should be done from time to time in order to eliminate condensation and rain, I use a glass container that allows me to see clearly how much water I have collected.
When I remove the tank for valves' adjustment, I fully empty it upside down.

The repair of the petcock is not difficult or expensive: having reserve is great !!!

http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Rebuild...tcock/fuel_tap

It seems that, after you drained the bowls, you had some more water in the tank, which did flow down after you opened the petcock again.
That water is still there, but is not reaching the jets yet.
I would drain the bowls once again.

As for the debris, it seems that your in-line filter is not working properly.
Any little debris in there can plug a jet and lead to a carburetors' cleaning.

You are welcome
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote