View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2013, 02:51 AM   #4080
baxtc1
ninjette.org member

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): '92 GPX 250 (Gone and replaced with '08 V-Strom), 2005 Suzuki C50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corralhollowkid View Post
I rode her to work and home. Then I picked up the top of the air box from the dealer, and the gasket...as the original top had been slightly tweaked and kinda glued back together with silicone caulking, and the gasket was missing.

I also cleaned and oiled the air filter...

I gotta do something about the rust i see in the fuel tank
Just curiously, how much was the air box top? Couldn't get one from a forum member?

Started the little "Ninjette" up, runs ok, much quieter that before pulling the engine out.
Job started as a cam chain and guides replacement, I had allocated three days for it. As time went on, I started looking to replace more parts, simply because I would have the engine open. This turned sour when I found the pistons were .50mm oversize, meaning the standard pistons and rings I bought before starting the job were of no use. Ordered new O/S pistons but three weeks later they are not looking like turning up any time soon. Back to plan A, new cam chain, guides and transmission bearings. All good, I hope. haven't ridden it yet, maybe tomorrow if I get a chance.

Last futzed with by baxtc1; July 10th, 2013 at 03:06 AM. Reason: Added info.
baxtc1 is offline   Reply With Quote