View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2010, 04:32 PM   #42
Godzilla35
ninjette.org member

Name: poop

Motorcycle(s): Nike Hyperdunks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
I would think if your particular course bike is giving you mechanical problems, such as shifting, if you make it known during the course, they should allow you some leeway when that particular problem causes you to not complete the exercises as instructed.

Let them know your bike has a problem or ask to switch bikes if it's a problem next time.

Remember, they are not there to fail you, but there to help you learn how to ride and to encourage new riders embark on a safe riding career.
I thought that's what would happen. I did note to my instructor several times this was happening. All he said was "it's probably not wanting to shift because you're going too slow" or something along those lines... but funny thing was it would only shift for me clean at a stop... and even when fully stopped... sometimes only into neutral. Example: 2nd gear... try to downshift ... doesn't work... fully stop... downshift... now in 1st barely or sometimes stuck in neutral. When he told me I failed, I told him why I hesitated on braking for the corner / fully looking / leaning was because I was preoccupied with the turn. You think I should just take the day over again or have a chat with the course boss?
Godzilla35 is offline   Reply With Quote