Old June 28th, 2011, 07:09 AM   #27
ichibunkid.206
ninjette.org member

Name: Phil

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehorse View Post
Great info guys and keep up the safe practices, ichibunkid

My first practice session in a lot got the fan kicking on pretty regular intervals. Didn't know then if it was good or bad so this info helps me too.
Most of the practice consisted of going up and down the gears and break work but limited to under 4000rpms. Spent way too much time in first.

Good advice re the self hydration! My second practice session was a little hairy and I'm sure I dropped a dress size. A* gloves can sure hold a lot of sweaty palm issues...

My advice for new riders since I'm too new to comment on actual skills is to relax your arms and don't forget to breathe.

Going out to check my levels now, thanks.
Thanks, and you keep up the safe practices also...

When I first started learning to get the feel of the new bike in the parking lot.. I did sort of the same thing at first.. staying in first gear.... but as I got more comfortable on and with the bike, I could start to shift up to 2nd and get all my hands and feet coordinated to quick stop and shift down. I still need to work on it some more... I'm throwing in low speed maneuvers now.... and riding around town, have fun on your Ninja