View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2011, 11:40 PM   #177
ecotrons
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheelz View Post
Is there a reason you use slightly smaller sized throttles compared with stock? I am curious from reading the other thread. Anyone know what the UK-spec ninjette uses for throttles, or how this compares to the way the FI versions are set up from the factory? Obviously including a fully tunable EMS is quite the added bonus. I am seriously considering this. I don't know if it is just cheaper with bikes or what, but to get this kind of system for a modified import car would cost a hell of a lot more!
The stock carbs are 30mm sizes. But OEM FI version of Ninja 250r has 2x28mm throttle bodies. We use the same throttel body size as OEM TBs. 28mm is big enough for a 125cc one cylinder. FI can gain some more power by better atomizations of fuel. The point is: it is not "the bigger, the better" when it comes to the size of throttle.

TRUE, this kit is much cheaper than an after-market car FI system. For one reason, we keep the cost low by using a lot of off-the-shelf motorbike parts, and more importantly, we price it low to attract more buyers. With $600, you barely can buy a decent car ECU. Small engine ECUs are somewhat simpler than car's. And less and smaller parts are also one of the reasons. But the low cost of our development and manufacture is the key. Guys, believe or not, this is a hell of good deal.
ecotrons is offline   Reply With Quote