Thread: Race Tires 2017
View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2017, 03:09 AM   #81
Twinshock750
ninjette.org member

Name: Alistair

Motorcycle(s): CMR TZ750 Yamaha, McIntosh TZ350 Yamaha, OW01 Yamaha, 300 Ninja Lightweight production Bike

So, as I mentioned a while back, here in NZ our rules have opened up from this month to any readily available (ie imported by the official importer) DOT spec tyre of the correct size....so no mail order specials if the tyre is not available here already.

Supply of SC Pirelli's can be a bit patchy - I have a front SC1, but rears are only SC2 for 140/70 and not in stock currently and I don't want to go to 150/60. I have a new Rosso 11 which was the go to rear tyre for many guys and worked well. I did a few miles on one when I bought my 300, but shifted to the Dunlops for most of the season before trying the RS10's also ( ended up with a pair!).

So, on a back to back basis, how have people found an SC2 Super Corsa rear vs Dr11 rear for grip and feel. Much in it? Just interested to know what people thought . I'll be doing a test day in about 3 weeks with SC1 SC front and a DR11 rear as that's what I'll have to start the season on and probably run for most of it.

We've no Alpha13SP's yet here, and the local Dunlop IMporter is showing one size of Alpha 14 in stock already.....so not sure if we will get the 13SP's locally supplied.