View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2021, 08:34 AM   #31
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Yes I saw an article in Popular mechanics many decades ago when tubeless tires first came out on all the methods used to inflate those pesky things...
it did have the water pipe insulation in it and recommended 1/2" type....
that is where I got the idea to make the triangle ! Handy information in those things !
I just finished putting on a back rack on the Triumph 750.... it's nice and solid
I used 3/8" bolts to hold it on with LOL.... ....my clutch plates are supposed to be here today..... I suppose I should soak them all in oil for 24 hrs Right?
the previous owner told me he put Mineral oil in that thing for the winter time riding.... WHY would anyone do that ??? it's not a tested oil that can withstand pressure is it ?
.... that and then 10W40 oil and the manual calls for 20W50.... I probably have a wore out bike because of that ! UGH ! OH well !!!!
... I also found I had the choke in the wrong position.... after I took off the air boxes..... and the carbs are out's sync pirty far.. you can hear click click as the throttles close ! UGH !!!
so when I get that all sorted it should run good I hope !
later !
Bob.......