View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2021, 09:00 AM   #2
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
If it's already had two oil changes, you shouldn't need to do it again at 600mi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by https://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/Oils1.html
I recommend you change your break-in oil at 75 to 100 miles, 100 to 150 kilometers. Your engine does shed a fair amount of metal particles in the first 20-50 miles, and I really can't understand why you would want this stuff floating around your bearings for the first 600 miles, 1000 kilometers.
By doing the early oil change(s), the engine is probably a little better off than following the manual's schedule. Even if the dealer didn't actually change the oil when you bought it, you're probably still ok since the first oil change should've gotten rid of the initial break-in crud.

But also keep in mind that oil is the lifeblood of your engine and oil changes are simple. If you ever have any doubts about its condition, changing the oil is cheap, easy insurance vs. severely damaging your engine.

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.