View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2021, 06:26 PM   #2
Artruck
ninjette.org member

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): 2007 ex250 (black), silver 2005 ex250 scrambler, 2003 ex250 donor bike, 2006 kymco people 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanzer View Post
I have a 2005 Ninja 250. Yesterday I had left my moms place and when I started the bike I noticed when it was warming up that it got hotter than usually. It was late at night so I didn’t really notice anything or think about it. I rode off and about a mile or 2 I stopped to text somebody. I then proceeded to go on the freeway and went another few miles and felt the bike losing power and overheated so I pulled over. Seems that the bolt that holds the pipe from the radiator to the water pump fell out and the pipe popped off and I lost all my coolant. Most of which was at my moms place when I went back. How I made it as far as I did I have no clue. Today I replaced the bolt and I put in new coolant. I tried to start it and it cranks but won’t turn over. Is the engine shot? I found a very similar situation on another post from 2012 but they never said what the result was.
Pull your spark plugs, running really hot can damage them and cause a no spark. It can also mess with valves, so I would do a compression test too.
Artruck is offline   Reply With Quote