View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2022, 07:57 PM   #36
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Ahh ok yah you'ed be foolish to remove the pump if it feeds the crank as well.... I didn't know that. sounds like you really have it running as good as it can get ! the reed valves should have made a big difference as well as the porting !
when I was working from home doing port jobs on 2 strokes I never found a single one that wouldn't benifit from a port job as they have it where the cylinder skirt almost always cut off the scavange port and just opening that up a little always made a big difference... that and matching the exhaust port with the pipe...they were never correct!
but I would imagen on the H2 they wern't too far off but the DT1 yamaha and suzuki 250 of the day were flat horrable Bultaco 250 was supprizingly close though but none matched the crank case with the cylinders I always found plenty to do there !
a favorite of mine was to lighten the piston on a DT1 250 as much as possible but still not endanger it's integetory and slant the inside of the piston skirt too because of it's part of the airflow... taking away all the sharp edges really made a big difference
..... sounds like your probably pumping out 90hp or real close to 100hp with that monster ! i bet it is a KICK to ride ! HAHAHAH
Bob......