View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #169
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

Just an update to those of you tweaking your installation. If you connect it to procal while the bike is running, check the ignition angle. CrA should be around -7.0 to -10.0 when engine is idling after being warmed up. When cold start, CrA should be closer to +7.0. Priority goes to warm engine settings.

To adjust the idle air, there are two screws (now on the bottom similar to idle mixture screws except it points out towards you on the left side of the bike). Be sure to mark the screw so you know where is one full turn. They are balanced from ecotrons and I'm not sure how to rebalance them if you mess it up. Adjust them exactly the same amount for both each time you adjust.

To make the CrA go more negative, turn the screw OUT, counterclockwise. This gives idle MORE air. Vice versa to go the other way.

Do a few blips with the throttle to see how it responds and you can also take it for a ride and record the logs during a ride to see how it changes. It's quite fascinating and gives you an idea how all the sensors come together.

If I'm incorrect about anything I'm sure Matt will chime to correct me.