View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2012, 08:39 PM   #192
iNinja
ninjette.org member

Name: Amy

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R EFI

i went for about an hour and a half test ride yesterday and the bike kinda 'tuned' itself. it's running a lot better and didn't have a single problem during my ride. torque and acceleration definitely improved. starts right up. i'm using the v2.0 throttle body with fuel rail and newly updated ECU with no bugs and the bike runs awesome. the only thing i changed in this kit was replacing the transparent fuel line for high pressure line, actual fuel injection hose clamps, and also got a smaller visu-filter fuel filter. i'm currently using on/off valves at my direct fuel and return lines until i can get some quick disconnects.

i'm very happy with this kit. i purchased this kit before the new v2.0 throttle body but didn't get to ride it with the old throttle body before the new one came out about 2 weeks later, so matt sent me the new version. i DID go through one MAP sensor from fuel contamination with the injectors on the bottom. the new design of the v2.0 throttle body is a great improvement. i was able to reach my throttle cable to left side and no problem at all with MAP contamination since the injectors are mounted on top this time. aside from getting some bungs welded to your exhaust for the O2 sensors and any little minor improvements you may want to do, this kit really is plug and play and not hard to install at all. i think the only trouble i had during the install was finding room for everything like routing fuel lines since there isn't a whole lot of room to work with (08+ anyway), but it can be done. i mounted my fuel pump below the new petcock to avoid fuel starvation and the smaller fuel filter saved room as well. for reassurance, get yourself some fuel injection hose clamps and high pressure fuel line and you're good to go, and don't forget to get either on/off valves or quick disconnects (quick disconnects recommended so it seals on both sides) for your tank fuel lines for easy tank removal. very inexpensive upgrades.

matt was also extremely helpful with anything i needed. i'm also the first female to do this install.
iNinja is offline   Reply With Quote