Thread: I'm back!!!
View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2021, 12:49 AM   #1
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
I'm back!!!

Well, it's been a long 9-month journey! Tech start-up I worked for in S.F. went 100% remote due to Covid-19 SIP orders. It worked out pretty well since all of our production is remote in Taiwan anyway. And all our customers and support is remote (Australia). So company decided on 100% permanent remote work. Except for some need to visit office for lab-work and soldering.

With that announcement, I went looking to move to Mesa, AZ to be closer to in-laws way back in Nov. 2020. We've got an 11-yr old nephew who's quite smart and fun and figured he's only got 2-years left before he becomes bratty teenager. Took A LONG time to find place, market was crazy with massive waves of Californians moving out there. Many places would sell for above market-value within week of being put on market. After 6-month of back & forth trips to look at places and missing out on places by just hours or being outbid, I finally found an undervalued place with horrible listing with depressing photography! Snapped it up by bidding +10% over listing and whew, got it!!! Finally! Escrow closed in record-breaking 18-days, so we had to hurry!

Moving took 3 more months with tonnes of packing and dumping stuff (we'd been living there for 10-yrs). Even with selling my Porsche, my wife's Scion xB, 2 Ninja 250s, tonnes of furniture and household goods, it still took TWO shipments of 28-ft trucks to get everything across. First trip, I hired movers to pack and unpack container.

Unfortunately, I didn't realize it was this kid's last day at moving-company and he just didn't give crap and did piss-poor job of packing and lots of stuff got damaged.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote