View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2023, 08:11 PM   #81
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Ok... I got the carbs on and hooked up and finally got it fired up... and it runs great !
I haven't ran it long enough to see if it's perfect yet but it feels alot better than it did before..... there is only one problem it's leaking gas from both carb over flows !
the float level is set too high ! ... I find that odd because Gordon just replaced them
but that is what it is doing I tapped the bowls with a hammer to giggle the floats inside and get them to quit over flowing but that didn't do anything.... it is still leaking from both carbs....
but it does take throttle and very well too even when it is cold which it never did before
so that seams to be fixed ! .....Well done Gordon !!!!
but I can't have them leaking out all the gas either, so the carbs have to come back off
.... that should be a minor adjustment really....and not that big of a deal.
.... once I finally got gas to flow from my acc gas tank and filled the carbs the bike started right up ! and it takes throttle easily smoothly like it should....
so it sounds right !!!!! I haven't even adjusted the fuel/air screws yet !
just turned on the choke and hit the starter and it's running.... that is how it SHOULD BE !!!!!
we'll see what a bit of tinkering does now.... I am hoping the float valves will fix themselves I've seen that happen many times before so it's possible they just need a good shaking !
Bob.....