View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2023, 02:54 AM   #83
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I posted this on another thread sense I have 2 of them going.... getting this thing to run right again has taken the better part of a year ! ....

Ok.... This time it went according to plan....
at 12:15 am I went out there to the shop and poked a hole in the Aux gas tank lid, put it back on and turned on the gas... and gas flowed into the carbs and filled them up
and no over flow or anything like that... I turned on the choke and key and hit the starter and it turned through about 3 times and fired right up I had to lower the idle because I had it way up because I didn't realise it was running out of gas ! DUH !
anyway... i took the choke off and it idled great I turned the fuel air screws open about 3/4 turn each and left them at that ...I did notice the RPM gain slightly while doing that
I turned the throttle and the RPM gained like it should with no bog or anything
being late at night I didn't want to make alot of noise but it reved to 6k RPM easily and smoothly....
IT WORKS FINALLY !!!!!
now I just have to put it all back together !
Thank you Gordon you do great work even if I don't ! but I did get it going correctly again.... testing it on the road is to come but I am fairly certain by the sound of it it will be far superior to how it ran before all this fiasco !
....she fought me every inch of the way ! but clean living and perseverance prevailed !
HAHAHAHAH (and a great Carb man in Ducattiman, his work made this possible! )
thanks Gordon "You Da MAN !"

How about that.... it actually works again.... I've fought it for so long I was beginning to wonder if it ever would work again.... that's one Hard bike to work on !
Bob........