View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2023, 11:24 AM   #92
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Yes that seems to be the case here.... one change causing a cascade of screwups ! things that are just not perfect any more..... as with a 250cc motor making about 32hp that in itself is completely amazing ! more power than the 350cc bikes I grew up with !
what impresses me about this bike is it's handling and freeway ability I can cruise at 75 with it with ease and I am not even near red line...especially with the steeper gearing I put on it.... but as for a long haul motorcycle the cumfort is siverly lacking... but I suppose if I had grown up on riding crotch rockets that would be normal to me but it's not..... I know what it's like to be so comfortable as to almost fall asleep riding a bike
and that is not a crotch rocket thing !
I went out and fired up the XR650L a few minutes ago and she fired right up as usual
and it hasn't been started in at least a week.... that is a good sign !
I should take it for a ride, but I don't have that much energy to burn today as I have been doing yard maintenance trying to get the place looking nice after winter.
....I put on a smaller sprocket on the XR650L and I am re-thinking that move I think I would like to cruse at 70~75 MPH with it without it reving so High.... it's no where the red line I am sure but it is turning a good clip at 70mph..... so I don't know I haven't tried the 15T sprocket on it yet I put the small one on 13T i think it was... and I really like the power from it.... but I might find that the 15T is just as strong.... I guess I won't know till I try it ! LOL
Bob.......