View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2023, 08:46 PM   #99
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

ok temps hit 80 degrees here today ! and that is quite a suprise !
I took the naked Ninja to the gas station and filled up 2.8 gal. so she was out of gas....
..... it ran very bad. starting out from a stop it didn't want to pull much at all and one of the cylinders wanted to drop out in running only around 6~7k RPM did it start running half way decent.... from 7k to 12k it ran perfect.... better than ever in fact the bike really screamed great.... however on the bottom end of the RPM gauge it's horrible ! it is barely rideable this way... so the carbs have to come off yet again....I cannot tell if it's lean or rich at the bottom end yet but my suspissions lean towards lean. When it was colder, when I first started the short ride, it ran better on the bottom end the warmer it got the more a cylinder wanted to drop.....
I think the thing to try now is Changing the pilot jets sense I could not get the air screws to make any change in RPM at all when adjusting them.... that may well be all it takes to get this thing running right again.
still pushing that rope ! I'll get it working eventually,.... I think !
Bob......