Old March 11th, 2013, 05:18 PM   #29
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by YORCHI View Post
I thought about that Alex but what about the rest of our stuff? Do I put it along the sides and let it interfere with the straps? What if something slides into a strap and causes it to lose it's hold?

And yea they said I couldn't screw anything down and I really don't wanna pay for any stupid repairs they'd make me pay for if something were to go wrong or a bolt/screw come loose and leave a nice sized hole for them to see lol

I found a company that makes custom crates here in the area, if I can get them to build me a base and the sides for incredibly cheap then I'll go with that.
it wont interfere with the straps as they will be tight. it wont "lose its hold" if its properly secured with hooks to a secure position. ideally all your **** isn't tossing around back there anyway

you could also just bolt the baxley to a 2x4 that is the width of the truck. use ties as well, but it shouldn't move much if its in a baxley and tied. as far as the other stuff... stick a towel under your windshield and fold the mirrors in. nothing else should break. unless you are talking about dropping steel weights on the gas tank.