View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #30
ChaoSS
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2012 red 250 ninja

Ok. Let's do this nice and simple. Go down to lowes, buy 3 8 foot 2x4s, and one piece of osb board, 4x8. If you need to, buy a 10 dollar hand saw and have them cut one of the 2x4s down to size so you can build the frame. A 2x4 tends to be about 1 3/4 inches, so you would want them to cut it to 44.5 inches. (2 pieces)

Nail the thing together, just a simple frame on the bottom of the osb board, screw in the eyebolts, and tie it to the frame. I wouldn't worry about it sliding, but you can have stuff around it to block it in. If you are still worried about it (I wouldn't worry about it, just drive conservatively) you can put some stuff on the empty parts of your base to help weigh it down.

You aren't used to driving a vehicle this size, and I'm assuming you are also using it to tow one of your cars, so you should be driving carefully anyway. You aren't going to be taking corners really hard or anything like that, it isn't enough weight to flip a base that size.

The other option, if you are towing one vehicle and presumably driving the other, are they both cars or could one of them tow the bike on a trailer?
ChaoSS is offline   Reply With Quote