View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2014, 09:35 AM   #156
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
@EMSRacer07: that's amazing. Really strange and special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Don't forget his 300 motor. So pregen frame, 300 motor, and newgen/300 suspension and wheels?

I wouldn't go minimalist unless I crash and ruin the plastics. Even then, I'd go ask Chris's friend Seti for some tips on fairing repair. Word on the street is he's pretty good at that.

I want a 300 at some point. Or one of them newfangled Yami's that are in the rumormill. Or whatever small sport bike KTM has in the works. Or or or or or!!!! I want all the motorcycles!
Glad to hear you're sticking with the small displacements. I feel kinda sad when ninjetters buy giant, heavy supersports; it's like they've left us!

I'm totally prejudice though. I've never ridden anything bigger than a 500CC standard. All the things I love about my ninja are worse on bigger bikes though. I love that it's light. I love that I can work it hard even on a ride to work. I love that it's quite a raw bike - simple - breaks, engine, throttle and not many robots in between. I love that it gets pretty good fuel mileage despite the fact that I'm heavy on the throttle and heavy on the breaks.

I'm jealous of how the scooters can more easily nip between cars and tight spots than I can. It must be a nightmare on bigger bikes.

I think the only thing that draws me to the bigger bikes is the sounds. MMmmm
akima is offline   Reply With Quote