View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2017, 03:03 PM   #2026
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFY View Post
View a bicycle like any other vehicle on the road. More so put them in the category of Amish buggies when it comes to passing. However, I do feel they have to abide by the rules of the road just like any other vehicle. Running a red light when turning right is ok, but going through the intersection when red that is a different variation. It's a bit of a variation of being a pedestrian but it's also your responsibility to check the road before crossing. So to say a cyclist who just goes full blast through a red light and gets hit, that person gets what is coming to them. Actual pedestrians are easy to predict and move at a slow rate, a cyclist can be unpredictable and dangerous if they don't hold caution.

As for the video, that is completely on the driver of the vehicle.
I agree. I don't run reds. Have I seen others do it? Yes. Does it bother me they did? Yes. Does it bother me enough to hit them? No.

I was pointing out how drivers see one cyclist run a red, and that means all cyclists are evil and must die. Yet a driver does it and they probably mutter "moron" under their breath and continue with their day.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.